Understanding The Players and Their Roles
Acquiring a short code is just the first step in developing and launching an effective messaging campaign. Fortunately, there are specialized companies to assist you every step of the way:
- Application Providers can create user experiences and management tools tailored to your marketing campaign objectives.
- Content Providers can help you optimize your messaging for the wireless space.
- Aggregators connect applications to wireless service providers so that messages can be delivered between the application and wireless subscribers.
- Partners can help bring your short code campaign to life.
- Premium Partners are select, experienced agencies with proven track records of executing campaigns and increasing customer engagement.
Now choose your partners and code your campaign!
Each message addressed to an active short code is routed to an application. Although you can develop and host applications yourself, there are providers that specialize in software development and hosting for mobile messaging applications. In addition to providing technical expertise, most application providers can advise on best techniques for maximizing participation and campaign results. Most application providers are specialists in a specific type of application, such as voting/polling, marketing or gaming.
Content providers are the brand marketers behind short code campaigns. They set the campaign objectives, ensure that the brand is being properly represented and make all final decisions regarding the nature and substance of the content and how customers are to be engaged. Then, content providers work with their partners (application providers and aggregators) to bring campaigns to life.
In most cases, an application provider will select an aggregator to help you establish connections with wireless service provider networks so that messages addressed to your short code can reach your application and your application can reach your customers.
Become a Premium Partner
The number of codes you have under management, the length of your association with the Short Code Registry and details of your performance history may qualify your company as a Premium Partner.
If you believe your company meets the qualifications, fill out your application form today and start getting the recognition you deserve!