Q What is the Short Code Monitoring Handbook?
The Short Code Monitoring Handbook describes best practices for messaging services. All short code programs are required to comply with a basic code of conduct, including:
- Providing consumers the best possible user experience;
- Honoring consumer choices and preventing abuse of messaging platforms;
- Delivering flexible guidelines that communicate compliance values clearly;
- Enabling the short code industry to self-regulate; and
- Facilitating enforcement measures, if necessary, to protect consumers quickly and consistently.